I am at my wits and between all the medications I still feel like I don't have a life has anybody tried acupuncture I've heard it helps from somebody so I did some research and I found a place near my house that will charge you on a sliding scale. I'm going to call tomorrow and schedule my first appointment. I will keep you posted if it helps my fibromyalgia .
Answer Summary
Members shared mixed but hopeful experiences with acupuncture for fibromyalgia, with some finding significant relief when combined with... Read more
I tried it and it didn't really do much for me, however I still recommend it, it isn't the same for everyone.
Yes I have acupuncture as I have 2 be careful with pain meds because of my various stomach conditions, it works 4 me but doesn't 4 everyone but I would definately recommend it 2 try. Depending on what areas in your body that u need it u can get instant relief or feel sore/achy then feel better/relief following day etc. Good luck hope it works 4 u 2 but u do need go regularly as its not a quick fix x
My doctor referred me to a holistic center that is run by MDs. They will be calling me this week to set up an appointment. We are going to try acupuncture and whatever else they recommend. Rheumatologist said to keep an open mind so I am going in with a positive attitude and hope for the best. I will let you know how it goes.
I have been seeing my later physiotherapist twice a week all year round for three years now. She is a godsend. We always do acupuncture every session beside manipulation and when my muscles are really stiff she dry needles. Highly recommend both techniques! Thank God my husband has a very good health plan!
My cousin in Virginia is an acupuncturist (spelling?) and she said it is like getting a shot with a very fine needle. You feel it more in some locations or hardly feel it at all in other! I hope that it helps you. I'ld be nervous on first visit too! Most people would be.