Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyFibroTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Brooklyn, NY
December 17, 2015
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyFibroTeam Member

The only thing my rheumatologist has done for me is to diagnose my symptoms and start me on a treatment plan that does not include pain meds.. I am looking for another because I don't believe he is doing all that can be done for me. I have a heart condition too, so my cardiac doc has referred me to a pain clinic and to a rheumatology team. My heart doc thinks pain needs to be managed because it is detrimental to controlling blood pressure and stress on my heart. Anyway, I agree with your neurologist and I also think the combination of a pain clinic and a rheumatology clinic would be beneficial as long as they work together. Good luck.

December 17, 2015
A MyFibroTeam Member

Try the fibromyalgia website. They have doctors listed by location.

December 20, 2015
A MyFibroTeam Member

I'm researching fibromyalgia specialists in my area, but till I pick the right one I'm just following the traditional route that in being sent on

December 19, 2015
A MyFibroTeam Member

Yeah the neurologist said she's kind of at a loss and is hoping the rheumatologist can shed some new light

December 19, 2015
A MyFibroTeam Member

Sometimes if you don't follow a doctor recommendation to see another they will say you are not trying. It can also be a sign they are uncomfortable treating something they don't understand. My primary isn't going to prescribe pain meds, the heroin epidemic is causing so many new laws. According to FM research they have found opioids can also cause more stress on the body. I am off the strong pain killers and with physical therapy and massages I am better. Yes there are days where I cuss under my breath not to be able to get pain meds. Pain management in Cincinnati groups I have been to class you addict first. If you tell them you have tried the first 5 on the list they say you haven't with us. I always ask what do you do to the 10% that those don't work for... I never get an answer. .......

December 19, 2015

Related Questions

View All
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Clayton, NY

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Staten Island, NY

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Gridley, CA