Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyFibroTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Culpeper, VA

Does anyone else have RA & fibromyalgia that would be willing to share any advice with me? I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis, but just had Fibromyalgia added to the list. I'm feeling a bit undereducated & overwhelmed.

October 6, 2015
 · 
Reactions
A MyFibroTeam Member

It seems all of the autoimmune diseases including FM can be helped by changing diet. I read 5 books on autoimmune diet and they all say to stop eating sugar, dairy, gluten, nightshades like tomatoes and eggplant, and corn. Read "the Paleo Solution " for reasoning.

October 10, 2015
A MyFibroTeam Member

Hi Purplebunny! I felt better by going off the whites; sugar, flours, dairy. Did for two months then gradually began adding a bit back in over time. I'm gluten-sensitive, so that's way better than having Celiac Disease. Recently found the best nutrition ever, so feel the best since getting so sick with many overlapping disorders with the Fibro over 10 years ago! Woohoo!!

September 13, 2016
A MyFibroTeam Member

Hi, I was first diagnosed as showing positive for RA and Lupus, adding Fibro to the mix just made things more complicated. I found that getting the arthritis relatively well managed helped with the fibro. My biggest problem was sleep, I just couldn't get more than a couple of hours "good" sleep. My doctor added a muscle relaxer that is non addictive so when I wake up I can get back to sleep fairly easily without those endless hours of watching time roll by. Also exercising, which for me is pretty much just walking, helps, with the fibro and the arthritis. As with everything its going to take time to get what works for you figured out. Keep smiling that helps too. :)

October 6, 2015

Related Questions

View All
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Killeen, TX

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Omaha, NE

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Singapore

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In