Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyFibroTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Spring, TX

I would like to know what helps you sleep at night. Any medications or therapies that have helped.

August 4, 2015
 · 
Be the first to react

Answer Summary

Members shared a wide range of strategies for managing sleep difficulties, with medications like Benadryl, melatonin, Ambien, trazodone,... Read more

Members shared a wide range of strategies for managing sleep difficulties, with medications like Benadryl, melatonin, Ambien, trazodone, Seroquel, and tramadol being the most commonly mentioned, alongside muscle relaxers like Skelaxin and temazepam for those whose pain or spasms disrupt rest. Several members offered drug-free alternatives, including TENS units for muscle stimulation, heating pads used before bed rather than overnight, stretching routines, and essential oils like lavender and cedarwood diffused at night. A recurring theme was the individual nature of sleep solutions, with members emphasizing the importance of finding what works for your own body, whether through prescription support, natural remedies, or a combination of both.

A MyFibroTeam Member

I use essential oils 24/7, during the day I use either Orange, lemon, lime, stress away or peppermint. I find those help me with focus, energy and calmness. at night I use lavender, cedarwood, peace & calming or Rutavala, I find these oils at night very relaxing. I use these oils either in a diffuser or on myself and sometimes both. hope that helps

August 4, 2015
A MyFibroTeam Member

TENS can be very helpful if you have back pain.. Stretching right before bed seems to help. I also take Skelaxin (muscle relaxer) every night or I wake up either with muscle spasms or full blown frozen in place. Sometimes 0.25 or 0.5 clonazapam as well. Benadryl also helps if it's bad but then I wake up halfway through the night, when it wears off. If you want to avoid meds, try using the heating pad for 20 minutes before going to bed and stretching. Tiger balm makes some great products that are affordable and really help. The shoulder rub has the strongest smell but does work really well. The ointment is great because it can be used almost anywhere. The patches are good if you have real pinpointed pain and can't handle the stronger smelling products. It still smells, but not as bad. Toprocin is a wonderful cream that has no smell, is all natural, and works wonders. It's just a bit pricey. I would rub my whole body in Toprocin daily if I could afford it! 😄

August 4, 2015
A MyFibroTeam Member

im on medication for anxiety and depression and that helps me get to sleep

August 5, 2015
A MyFibroTeam Member

Brace yourself. It's really no big deal but I freaked out a bit when I first heard about it. It's electrical stimulation of your muscles using a machine that connects with little pads kind of like the ones used for an ekg. I have a cheapie version from Walmart, but like it so much I am going to ask my Dr. For a prescription for a better quality one.

August 4, 2015
A MyFibroTeam Member

I have suffered from extreme insomnia for 20 years .I had taken temazepamtemazepam for the past 8 years until suddenly cut off of them by a Dr at kaiser .won't get into the fight I'm having with kaiser but I took 1 q night a d slept well waking refreshed and not hungover till noon.

August 6, 2015

Related Questions

View All
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Phila, PA

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Tucson, AZ

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In