Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyFibroTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Radcliff, KY
April 10, 2015
 · 
Reactions
A MyFibroTeam Member

I use a memory foam pillow on the base of the seat and a memory foam pillow on the back and tilt your seat back make all the mirrors so you can see. Take a bottle for hot water to put on your backs of your legs, and your back. Wear sunglasses if its the least bit light out to where you can tolerate them. Eat food while on the trip. My body loves to eat. I don't listen to music it overloads my senses. When you get out of the car swivel and wait then rise. Don't twist and put one leg out jump out. Do streach exercises slow and easy. If you are staying over take your own stuff pillow, soap what ever.. I don't like other stuff than my own. Don't drive with window down, and use resurck keeps allergies down. I drove across country 5 times, I am the fibro travel queen.

April 14, 2015
A MyFibroTeam Member

I would take a long hot soak in a tub, Motrin or whatever pain meds your on, right before you leave and make frequent stops to move around a bit....Good luck and I pray for a safe comfortable trip ((gentle hugs))

April 10, 2015
A MyFibroTeam Member

Stop and stretch as much as possible, I took pain meds before my 8 hr trip and did pretty good

April 11, 2015
A MyFibroTeam Member

Thank you!! Hugs back!!

April 10, 2015

Related Questions

View All
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Gig Harbor, WA

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Charlotte, NC

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In