Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyFibroTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Corning, NY

My doctor prescribed me hydroxyzine for my panic and anxiety attacks and said that he would rather me take this instead of zanex because of the addictiveness of that drug, I was just wondering if anyone else has taken this and if it helped them or not.

April 8, 2015
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyFibroTeam Member

I have and do use it for anxiety and it helps often when the clonazepam will not help at that time.

April 9, 2015
A MyFibroTeam Member

Hi. I have hydroxyzine to help me sleep. It does help a bit with anxiety and is really great with allergies, like itching. lol

April 8, 2015
A MyFibroTeam Member

Sorry you are itching so bad @A MyFibroTeam Member, mine get like that from time to time, so I always use baby oil on them after a shower or bath, if not baby oil, I use coconut oil, that seems to help with the dryness.

April 10, 2015
A MyFibroTeam Member

Just so you know, now I'm itching like crazy. I think all the itchy talk got to me.

April 9, 2015
A MyFibroTeam Member

It drives me crazy sometimes. But the Vistaril (hydroxyzine) is very helpful for itching. It's very similar to Benadryl in that manner.

April 9, 2015

Related Questions

View All
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Montesano, WA

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Rensselaer, IN

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Rock Hill, SC