Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyFibroTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
March 4, 2015
 · 
Be the first to react

Answer Summary

Members connected over the distressing experience of burning pain in their arms and legs that feels like being on fire or rubbing a severe... Read more

Members connected over the distressing experience of burning pain in their arms and legs that feels like being on fire or rubbing a severe sunburn, with many describing how the sensation worsens at night and often disrupts sleep around 3 a.m. Several members shared that the burning typically occurs in their feet and lower legs during flares, which can be triggered by stress or worry, and that rubbing the affected areas intensifies the discomfort. A recurring theme was the emotional toll of this pain, the frustration of finding no effective relief despite trying various fibromyalgia medications, and the importance of getting new symptoms evaluated by a doctor rather than assuming they are fibromyalgia-related.

A MyFibroTeam Member

Oh Jane I DESPISE that feeling of your asleep but very very aware of what's going on around you. Funny enough it only happens if I take my sleepy time meds after 9p.m. it's weird as heck but it happens then I'm whipped the next day completely!

March 7, 2015
A MyFibroTeam Member

I was so called sleeping when this happened,i don't sleep ,I dream but I can also here things around me,like my dogs moving ,this pain at night is horrible

March 7, 2015
A MyFibroTeam Member

Recently I wake up at night burning arms, back of neck n across shoulders in back, I slap well, then wake up burning it last about 45 mins ,anyone else

June 26, 2017
A MyFibroTeam Member

Hi Charlene hope your doing ok ,its been a struggle for all of us and doctors to I guess sense they don't know what to prescribe for any of us ,none of the fibro drugs have helped me ,hope your getting some relief,rhonda

November 21, 2015
A MyFibroTeam Member

Yes n I jus want to cry !

August 24, 2015

Related Questions

View All
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Harrodsburg, KY

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Macedonia, OH

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Marietta, GA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In