Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyFibroTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Cortland, NY
August 2, 2024
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Many community members confirmed experiencing fibromyalgia pain in their wrists and hands, with several also dealing with related conditions... Read more

Many community members confirmed experiencing fibromyalgia pain in their wrists and hands, with several also dealing with related conditions like carpal tunnel, trigger finger, and arthritis. A recurring theme was the challenge of managing widespread pain, especially during flare-ups, with members sharing helpful tips like wearing fingerless gloves, soaking hands in hot or cold water, and using heat or ice packs. The thread carried a strong sense of emotional support, with members encouraging each other to keep trying small strategies and reminding one another that they are not alone.

A MyFibroTeam Member

My wrist and hand hurt so bad I tried cutting them off not just once... I can't maintain a journal, play instruments or paint... Coming here, is really a struggle for me, and my body asks for the price later. Hold on, man. Do you have a therapist?

August 3, 2024
A MyFibroTeam Member

Yes, I just got over an episode of that. I think it’s tendinitis. Fibromyalgia has been said to affect the muscles, ligaments, and tendons.

August 2, 2024
A MyFibroTeam Member

Thank you for the suggestion, Peter. Actually, I've tried it today, and while my feet – that also hurt a lot – were under water I felt a kind of relieve. I'll try with my hands too, hope it can help me.

August 12, 2024
A MyFibroTeam Member

@A MyFibroTeam Member It seems like fibromyalgia can show up anywhere. I've definitely had achy wrists before, but I also have a form of arthritis that is similar to rheumatoid arthritis. I hope some heat/ice pack helps you feel better!

August 5, 2024
A MyFibroTeam Member

Pain in wrists and fingers. I wear fingerless gloves a lot, they help

August 5, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Mobile, AL

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Middleburg, FL

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In