Lyrica also didn't agree with me and I put on weight while using it but we not all the same. It made me dizzy for the first two months.
I tried gabapentin several years ago. No help for the first 2 days (not surprised). 3rd and 4th day, felt a little better. 5th and 6th days, even a little better. 7th day, felt odd. Woke up 8th day, feeling very odd, very heavy and swollen. Waddled over to the mirror and almost fainted. I was blown up like a balloon, every part of me was swollen, face, hands, legs, etc. Literally couldn't put on any clothes except stretchy, loose items. Only flip flops for shoes and those left dents on the tops of my feet.. Walked downstairs and my husband freaked out. Called Dr, told to come in right away. When they saw me, everyone flipped out. Dr. had me stop med immediately. Took Lasix for 30 days to get back to normal.
Tried two other meds before and after that. First one made me so spaced I couldn't think straight or work. 2nd one knocked me out and I could not wake up, no matter what I tried.
My experience may not be yours but when the doctor suggest Lyrica, I tell him to review my records. He pulls it back after that.
If you want to loss weight go on keto diet
Ive been on it and more for years. I take 150 - 3x day. I gained 40 lbs right away having terrible time losing it
Thank you!