Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyFibroTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone here notices their lymphnodes swell up with their flares. One of the places I always seem to have pain is my upper back and shoulders of course but also my breast are always sore mostly left one due to many fibro-cysts. I also notice I could feel my neck and under arm lymphnodes when I start flaring. I am 42 and had a full hysterectomy when I was 37 due to severe Endometriosis, thought I would be done with the fibro breast but unfortunately due to taking… read more

April 20, 2021
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Many members confirmed experiencing swollen lymph nodes in their armpits, neck, and breasts during fibromyalgia flares, often accompanied by... Read more

Many members confirmed experiencing swollen lymph nodes in their armpits, neck, and breasts during fibromyalgia flares, often accompanied by breast soreness and anxiety about potential cancer. Several members shared practical insights, including the importance of continuing regular mammograms and biopsies to rule out serious conditions, switching to gentler grooming methods or natural deodorants to prevent infected hair follicles that can cause lymph node swelling, and understanding that clusters of lymph nodes in breast tissue are common with fibro and often appear alarming on scans but turn out benign. A recurring theme was the frustration of fibromyalgia adding yet another layer of physical discomfort and worry, balanced by reassurance from others who have experienced the same symptoms and encouragement to stay vigilant with medical monitoring while not letting anxiety take over.

A MyFibroTeam Member

Yeah lymphnodes in neck always feels like my glands are up. Lumpy breasts too had another biopsy today. Fibro is the gift that keeps on giving. Always get new lumps checked though its very important x

April 20, 2021
A MyFibroTeam Member

Yes I get tender lymph nodes in my underarms and pain that radiates to my breasts every time I flare. The first few times I thought it was a cyst/boil.

April 26, 2021
A MyFibroTeam Member

Native brand deodorant and body wash seems to help me. It is aluminum free.

April 21, 2021
A MyFibroTeam Member

Brocky,

I live in iowa. We get a variety of weather. I run hot so i sweat a lot also. I dont mind the hair from not shaving nearly as much as i mind having one more thing to keep up maintenance on that is actually causing more problems being maintained. I still get infected hair follicles but not nearly as many or as often as i did when i was shaving. Probably going to look into whats available for more natural deodorant options when i run put of what i have.

April 21, 2021
A MyFibroTeam Member

I get swollen lymph nodes in my throat when i get to feeling sick for a few days. I quit shaving my arm pits last year after having swollen lymph nodes in my arm pits because of infected hair follicles. Shaving irritated and opened up the skin and i would get deodorant in the pores and they become infected and swell up. Then the lymph nodes in the arm pit become inflamed in response.

April 20, 2021

Related Questions

View All
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Lawrence, KS

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Burns Lake,British Columbia Canada

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In