Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyFibroTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Saint Andrews, UK

Im interested in the need to setup some kind of social space in Scotland to enable closer real interaction. I have some experiance of doing this on the cancer side charity wise and know a lot of funding does exist. Thoughts please.

February 23, 2020
 · 
Reactions
A MyFibroTeam Member

This is a great idea M. I go to a group in my area, have done for years now..it was a life line for me especially in the early days when I didn't know anyone else with fibro, and knew little about it. Yes there is funding available and because fibromyalgia overlaps with other illnesses i.e depression, social isolation etc you can tap into those funds also.

February 23, 2020
A MyFibroTeam Member

They have groups run through rheumatologist but theh have limited places and are held in the hospital on weekedays. Not good for people who work and lets face it we are all sick of the inside of hospitals.

February 23, 2020
A MyFibroTeam Member

Hello,
I'm in Maryland, USA. Your idea sounds amazing. Being able to talk to people about what's going with you makes it easier. If I were in Scotland I'd join you.

February 23, 2020
A MyFibroTeam Member

Have you looked at the charity fibromylgia action uk?

February 28, 2020
A MyFibroTeam Member

Hi Michael, a few of us get together here in Toronto. It’s lovely
Here there is more access to alternative therapies as it is a large centre
That said I live in a condo lakeside, the streetcar runs by so makes it easier to get to appointments

Actually I’m amazed what is available in this neighbourhood within walking distance
Also the condo Corp has an active social committee which brings in community services, aid, etc.
So it’s going to take some homework and some digging but I’m almost sure a “club” meeting would be proactive. I used to work in a charitable environments and wrote grants to bring in services.
It takes research, but funding and sponsorship is out there
If you wish to brainstorm I’ll help.
Best to you,
Judy

February 26, 2020

Related Questions

View All
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Virginia Beach, VA

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Johannesburg, ZA

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
St Cloud, FL

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In