So I have picked up on a couple of similarities through discussions with others who have been diagnosed with Fibro, and I'm interested to see how many of you on here can identify with any of the any of the following instances (or similar) PRIOR to the onset of Fibro:
A) Traumatic childhood
B) Extremely active in sport prior to Fibro (Eg. 1st Team sports, daily hours of practice, super fit etc)
C) Severe case of Glandular Fever prior to onset of Fibro (Epstein Barre virus)
D) Concussion (1 or… read more
Answer Summary
Members widely connected over patterns that may have preceded their fibromyalgia diagnoses, with many reporting multiple overlapping... Read more
Mono at 16. 1 concussion at about 16. Played softball and bowled weekly but not really athletic. I was diagnosed at 25 with fibro after 4 years of doctors not knowing what was wrong with me.I have been disabled since I was 35. I was sickly as a child but later realized it was probably allergies. I was also diagnosed with asthma in my early 30's.
I think I was pretty active. I played high school and college sports, and then ran or walked in my 30s and 40s.
Had alot of infections & viruses when young and very over driven @ work
B, sort of. I wasn’t an amazing athlete, but I ran a half marathon and had a procedure done the day after near my tailbone and Fibro began then.
I think mine was triggered after childbirth. I had a form of post partum with extreme anxiety. Still have bad anxiety. Body never rests.