Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyFibroTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Nottingham, UK

does anyone else have to focus on stopping their toes curling up when relaxing? my legs go numb and my toes curl so tight it creates knots in my calves, i first noticed it when i tried to stand up after sitting for a short while and had immense pain in my legs. I also find walking like travelling through thick mud. my legs only want to put half the effort in and i get so tired and out of breath just trying to walk. My dr assures me this is fibro, but im not so sure.

August 14, 2018
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members strongly validated the experience of involuntary toe curling and severe leg cramps, with many describing similar patterns of cramping... Read more

Members strongly validated the experience of involuntary toe curling and severe leg cramps, with many describing similar patterns of cramping in the calves, feet, and even throughout the body during rest or sleep. Several members shared that magnesium supplementation (ranging from 500mg to 1600mg daily) has been their most effective remedy, along with gentle stretching, muscle relaxers, and Hyland's leg cramp pills available at Walmart for around seven dollars. A recurring theme was the frustration of needing to consciously prevent toe curling, the fear of prolonged cramps, and the relief of knowing these symptoms are shared within the fibromyalgia community rather than being isolated or imagined.

A MyFibroTeam Member

Severe muscle cramps throughout my body - neck, facial muscles, abdomen, hands and of course the feet and toes - all over the dang place. Inner thighs are the worst, tho. It's crazy and very annoying. Magnesium has helped me - I take 1600 mg. of the stuff and I stretch very gently, yes, even my toes. It's all coping, adapting, and management now!!

August 15, 2018
A MyFibroTeam Member

I also now think it maybe if they get too cold

January 12, 2019
A MyFibroTeam Member

Yes, magnesium is used , be forewarned . It can cause diarrhea .

August 17, 2018
A MyFibroTeam Member

I found the toe curling reduced when I stopped stretching my legs and feet and toes at rest. Yes, walking can be difficult and painful. Best of luck to you.

August 21, 2018
A MyFibroTeam Member

Hello...new here, but just had to add this suggestion: our doctor suggested Magnesium, one pill each night before bed, and I have NEVER had a leg cramp since! It's cheap, natural and although I had very big doubts about it, I'm spreading the news! :) Please try it...I'm taking 1 x 500mg pill just before turning in each night. I'm so thankful he suggested it! :)

August 16, 2018

Related Questions

View All
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Shelbyville, TN

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In