A MyFibroTeam Member
I get sharp electrical shock type pain in my clavicle area. Always the same place. It will last on and off for about 30 minutes. It's not horrible, but very uncomfortable. I have many different issues I deal with, but just recently began having this pain? Thoughts?
What I was told by the Rheumatologists & Neurologists that I have seen is that fibro attacks the nerves & muscles in your body, along with a lot of other things. Basically it can mess with our wiring and how our body interprets the signals our nerves & muscles are trying to give us.
this article is older, so its a little out of date but the answers it provides regarding the "electric shock" feeling seems to be right on. The article is not at the top of the page, its a little further down & is broken up by lots of annoying stuff (ads, pics, etc).
I wonder what causes it??????
@MarylwenHanson, I do. It My stems in lowback to coccyx. When I've done lifting and then lay down, my body recieves those electrical jolts starting lowback/coccyx up the spine and my arms n legs flail. It's painful as heck!
I've had them in just about every part of my body at some point along with the muscle jerking, cramps, creepy crawling bug like feelings, etc. Right now I am getting the electric shock feelings in the top of my feet. I broke my left ankle in 3 places & dislocated my ankle in dec. It is still swollen & the shocking pains are very bad & frequent in it. I also get these pains in my right foot due to compensating for my left foot. My ortho told me that the swelling, pain & shocking feelings could last for a year or more. In my left foot I also ge t shocking feeling on top & close to the incisions & at the joint of the ankle & foot. My ortho said this was due to nerve damage that would relieve when the nerves regenerated, if the fibro allows them to. I was instructed to message the incisions & foot with lotion to encourage the nerve regeneration.
Yrs in my upper legs really bad at night
Wow, this whole fibro is weird. I have been getting for the past few months numbness, pain, tingling, on and off. It’s always on the tips of the ring finger only. Sometimes it gets to be annoying.
Oh no.......... that was my fault. I didn´t get the real mention of it. Sorry for it. But I know your pain too.
@A MyFibroTeam Member, the electronic shock symptoms that I am talking about are shocks that come from no where. I can just be sitting still and all of a sudden I start feeling the shock in my clavicle area. No one is doing anything to me, this is just an uncomfortable feeling that I am getting. Sorry for the confusion.
I got electro-therapy at first, but it does not help me at all. First of all, it hurts already during the application (not at the beginning, but with the time) Second, it makes my muscles so strong that I need days to solve them. So rather counterproductive for me. But try it, everyone is different. Wishing you all the best.
I have started taking tumeric and magnesium and B complex it helped with the restless leg and muscle spasms