Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyFibroTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Jacksonville, FL

anyone have non-stop toothache here?

May 12, 2018
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members overwhelmingly confirmed experiencing chronic tooth and jaw pain related to fibromyalgia, with many realizing they habitually clench... Read more

Members overwhelmingly confirmed experiencing chronic tooth and jaw pain related to fibromyalgia, with many realizing they habitually clench their teeth in response to pain, which worsens sensitivity and discomfort. Several members shared practical strategies, including using high-fluoride toothpaste and mouthwash for days when brushing is too painful, brushing only at night or rinsing with mouthwash instead, and exploring alternative tools like the Otobrush to reduce pain triggers. A recurring theme was the regret of not understanding fibromyalgia sooner, with one member wishing they had known their tooth pain was fibro-related before having two molars removed, and many finding comfort in knowing TMJ and dental sensitivity are common struggles within the community.

A MyFibroTeam Member

Yes teeth and jaw pain is terrible somedays OxyContin is the only relief.

May 12, 2018
A MyFibroTeam Member

Oh I'm glad it's not just me, it comes and goes, with sore gums too. I see my dentist regularly, and no cause ever found.

March 23, 2019
A MyFibroTeam Member

I know that for myself, brushing my teeth triggers a lot of pain in my teeth and jaw. So much so that I can't speak or eat for a few hour to a day. So I usually brush at night only, and if really bad, only rince with mouthwash.

I'm currently experimenting the Otobrush, and it doesn't trigger my fibro... As for the efficiency of it, I'm not convinced yet.
But it can be an option to consider ☺

July 27, 2018
A MyFibroTeam Member

Since I have been Diagnosed with Fibro I have noticed that my teeth are very sensative, and I fight with bad breath. I get my teeth cleaned twice a year. I have also had a deep cleaning done. I feel the sensative teeth is probably from clenching my due to pain and also from the meds. Your not alone in this.

May 16, 2018
A MyFibroTeam Member

I do have severe jaw pain occasionally.

May 15, 2018

Related Questions

View All
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Bournemouth, UK

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In