There is some new evidence floating about that having you daith pierced will do more than just get rid of migraines. Apparently, it can help with fibro headaches and other symptoms too. Has anyone tried this?
Yes, I got daith piercings in both ears at the same time. Was hurting so bad at the time. I would have done anything. I was pain free for a couple weeks!! I couldn't believe it. It has helped me ,I don't hurt as bad. There are moments, you know flare ups. So glad I had it done. Everyone's different, might help some might not. How bad are you hurting. I took a chance, got lucky.
I had my piercing on the left ear because my migraines start on the left between the eye and temple. After having it done my acupuncturist told me you are supposed to get the opposite ear pierced of the side of your head the migraines fester the worse. Tomorrow I'm going to get the other ear done. Couldn't hurt. I am so beyond sick of doctors here in Grand Junction, Co. unwillingness to write a prescription for back & neck pain, fibromyalgia and migraines that have kept me housebound since Christmas. Time to go back to civilization where doctors have real answers besides recommending marijuana.
I have my tragus piercings and I was discussing about having migraines & fibromyalgia. My qualified piercer said the darth piercing helping migraines or FIBRO is really like an old wives tail. It's a false rumor.
Most less traditional ear piercings take 1 year to fully heal. You cannot sleep on the piercings, wear ear buds, earplugs while you are healing in that first year.
I would definately seek out a qualified body piercer. They will have a framed diploma.
Discuss the pros & cons.
Believe me I would pierce anything if I had reliable info that it would help my migraines or FIBRO. I think if you believe a Darth piercing will help some of the effect might be like a placebo effect. Good luck to all.
I was a chronic migraine sufferer and the Daith piercing completely relieved them,it was like magic.It’s been two and a half years migraine free!!!
I never noticed a difference in my Fibromyalgia symptoms.
I had to remove the ring to get an MRI and it grew over in a couple of days and I had to get it pierced again.
There’s a plastic ring that can be bought to use for times like that. I have one now.
Yes,it hurt but not debilitating like migraines.
I have fibro and suffer with migraines. I also have a number of other illnesses. I have all the usual symptoms and migraines are unpredictable when. The only regular time is, I always get an hormonal one (so around that time of month)
I've had my left daith done from tattoo shop, cost £25 GBP. As they recommend getting the side you get the migraines (which I thought, yeah ok load of crap).
1. It hurts more than a standard peircing in ear. Maybe due to my fibro sensitivity. Not sure!
2. It takes up to 6 months to heal properly. (Mine defiantly took that long)
3. It has NOT changed my fibro symptoms in any way.
4. My migraines have decreased dramatically. I still get standard headaches now and then but I only get a full migraine attack once a month or even two months.
5. I don't get migraines on my left side off head any more (piercing is on the left). Not sure if thats because she said get it on side where migraines are most or if it's coincidence). Maybe if I get my right side done too, I'll stop getting any!
6. IT DOES NOT WORK FOR EVERYONE! Everyone's body is different. But if you suffer migraines, it's definately worth trying!