Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyFibroTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Saint Helens, OR

I have MS, and have had it for almost 14 years. A month or two ago when I saw my neuro I told him how my pain was getting so much worse and all over the place. We talked for a few and he said that's not your MS Pain; that's Fibro pain! I was like what?! I already have 1 condition; I shouldn't get ?😳😜 as I'm sure y'all know, it's common if you have an auto immune disease, you often get more than one. Geez
Anyhow since I always blame everything on MS I didn't know there was more and I'm not… read more

May 1, 2017
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members overwhelmingly agreed that a rheumatologist is the go-to specialist for fibromyalgia, though several noted that some rheumatologists... Read more

Members overwhelmingly agreed that a rheumatologist is the go-to specialist for fibromyalgia, though several noted that some rheumatologists refer fibro management back to primary care doctors, and a few suggested pain clinics as an alternative for comprehensive pain management. Many members shared their own experiences with managing fibro alongside other conditions like MS, with recurring mentions of medications like Lyrica, nerve-blocking fusion therapy, and Suboxone, though concerns about side effects and limited relief were common. A recurring theme was the frustration of dealing with multiple conditions at once and the challenge of finding a doctor who truly understands fibromyalgia, with encouragement to advocate for proper diagnosis and specialized care.

A MyFibroTeam Member

I use my Primary Dr bcuz she n her husband both have Fibromialgia, so she totally gets it !!!!,but I've heard that Rhumatolgist not sure I spelled that right, but I would start with your Primary Dr if they know about Fibro, if not you might be better seeing the specialist !!! and your right once u have one auto immune issue, you'll get others n that SUCKS 😨😨😨 good luck, Wishing you less painful days n nights πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘€ Hugs flying your way ❀❀❀PEACE N LOVE N HAPPINESS TOO 🌹 πŸƒ 🌸 🌈 🌈

May 5, 2017
A MyFibroTeam Member

For fibromyalgia you should see a Rheumatologist.

May 1, 2017
A MyFibroTeam Member

For fibromyalgia you should see a Rheumatologist. Fibro is in their area of expertise.

Good Luck & God Bless! ! ! πŸ•Š πŸ’œ πŸ•Š

May 1, 2017
A MyFibroTeam Member

Fibro is not an autoimmune disease, but certainly the stress from the MS could cause the same symptoms. Either way you have the pain etc. A rheumatologist is the usual but their answer is just drugs. Have a look at my bio etc, I have my treatments there.

May 3, 2017
A MyFibroTeam Member

Pain Clinic, they had helped me to get of narcotics that did nothing except cousing you more pain. I get Fusion therapy to block nerves and take Suboxone for pain

May 2, 2017

Related Questions

View All
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Mobile, AL

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Middleburg, FL

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­