Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyFibroTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Bristol, VA

This doesn't happen all the time...but today has been a never ending pee run to the bathroom. I mean I go and 10 minutes later I have a full Blatter again. Is this a fibro thing or what? Does this happen to anyone else? So embarrassing but I had to ask... in the past the next day I am back to my normal small Blatter peeing...

October 29, 2016
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members connected over the frustrating experience of frequent, urgent urination, with many confirming that bladder issues are indeed linked to... Read more

Members connected over the frustrating experience of frequent, urgent urination, with many confirming that bladder issues are indeed linked to fibromyalgia, though several urged getting tested for diabetes, interstitial cystitis, or urinary tract infections as well. Many members shared practical strategies that have helped them manage, including medications like Abilify or Oxybutynin for overactive bladder, wearing pads or Depends for protection, physical treatments like DMSO bladder fills, and recognizing triggers like standing up quickly, cold weather, or certain foods. A recurring theme was the importance of not feeling embarrassed to talk openly with doctors about bladder problems, as many members emphasized that lower back issues, hormones, stress, and past surgeries or pregnancies can all contribute to these symptoms, and that seeking medical advice can lead to real relief and improved quality of life.

A MyFibroTeam Member

Yes!!!! OMGosh! I think I have used every public bathroom at every place that I have run errands to. Irritable bladder is definitely a side effect of fibro.
And for me, gravity is my enemy! Whenever I'm laying down and then stand up, I have to pee.
Need to have my running shoes on at all times. Gotta go, gotta go, gotta go!
xxxx

October 29, 2016
A MyFibroTeam Member

Top 10 Potassium Rich Foods List

1) Avocado
1 whole: 1068 mg (30% DV)

2) Spinach
1 cup: 839mg (24% DV)

3) Sweet potato
1 medium: 952 mg (27% DV)

4) Coconut Water
1 cup 600 mg (17% DV)

5) Kefir or Yogurt
1 cup: 579 mg (15% DV)

6) White Beans
½ cup: 502 mg (15% DV)

7) Banana
1 large: 422 mg (12% DV)

8) Acorn squash
1 cup: 899 mg (26% DV)

9) Dried apricots
½ cup: 755 mg (22% DV)

10) Mushrooms
1 cup: 428 mg (27% DV

Top 10 potassium foods ( at least that's what it said)

October 31, 2016
A MyFibroTeam Member

Me too! Love those pee pads! Couldn't do without them..

October 29, 2016
A MyFibroTeam Member

Some days I have to wear a Depends. I hate to admit this, but it's that or I have to mop the floor, wash clothes, and take a bath! The next day, I may be fine...or it may be three days. Ya never know! One day at a time!

October 29, 2016
A MyFibroTeam Member

Went from kotex to pee pads ( oh the joys of womanhood)

October 29, 2016

Related Questions

View All
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
New York, NY

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In