Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyFibroTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Hereford, UK

A few months back before i found out about fibromyalgia i was getting very confused at work, i have to write down daily notes and i couldnt concentrate nothing i wrote made any sense, i just assumed it was a faze but since knowing about fibromyalgia i realise that could be the reason why. how many people go into a room and forget what you went in there for, well this seems to be worse than normal to me it can happen 3-4 times in the space of 5 minutes and it can literally be from one cupboard to… read more

September 26, 2016
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members deeply validated the original poster's experience with fibromyalgia-related brain fog, sharing how memory issues and difficulty... Read more

Members deeply validated the original poster's experience with fibromyalgia-related brain fog, sharing how memory issues and difficulty concentrating have impacted their work lives, with some describing having to take medical leave, work extra hours to compensate, or even consider leaving their jobs entirely. Several members emphasized practical coping strategies like using sticky notes on doors, writing detailed to-do lists, allowing extra time for tasks, and trying to maintain a sense of humor about the forgetfulness when possible. A recurring theme was the frustration of others dismissing fibro fog as normal aging when it is far more severe, involving word-finding difficulties, getting sidetracked easily, and forgetting things within moments of thinking them.

A MyFibroTeam Member

I struggle with this, and your right it is frustrating. I was diagnosed about 5 years ago and was told this illness is not progressive however I have got worse 100%, to the point where I'm considering giving up my job even though this may mean having to sell our home, as I find it difficult to focus or think on my feet like I used to. I end up working through my lunch break and staying at least an hour later than everyone else simply because I'm slower. I work for the NHS and even they don't understand Fibro or how to support staff like me. It's sad but brain fog is a big part of this illness.

September 26, 2016
A MyFibroTeam Member

Fibrofog is brutal and I'm soooo sick of people saying "we all forget stuff as we get older"!! They don't understand the extent to which we forget or the word searches we do to remember what word we are trying to use or how easily we get side tracked!!! I get it that we all forget with age but they truly don't understand how much worse it is for us.

September 26, 2016
A MyFibroTeam Member

Absolutely, The Lord has a plan and sometimes He takes a while to reveal that plan to us- please don't lose patience, it's all in His timing, not ours!

September 26, 2016
A MyFibroTeam Member

Hi yes, I noticed my memory failing at work first, and had to write things down, then I'd forget to write them down or forget to look at my to do list!
I also started to jumble my words. I have to have a self induced 6 months off work, which being self employed very hard as not eligible for sick pay.
I now stick post it notes on my doors to remember important things.
best wishes, Lorraine

September 26, 2016
A MyFibroTeam Member

I do. I had a great memory, senior executive position with a wonderful staff and fibro made it impossible for me to function at the high level that was required to manage my staff. I know that the lord has a plan. Waiting for it to be revealed.

September 26, 2016

Related Questions

View All
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Clearwater, FL

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Kannapolis, NC

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Rogers, AR

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In