Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyFibroTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Newport, UK

Advice please I been given these to help my arm pain as I get the heavy right arm and pain.
I was given some to try but no clue where to pop them
On my shoulder back or front ??
Does anyone have experience can you help ?

My doctor just said I can't put them every where !

August 11, 2016
 · 
Be the first to react

Answer Summary

Members shared practical guidance on using lidocaine patches for arm and shoulder pain, with the consistent advice being to place them... Read more

Members shared practical guidance on using lidocaine patches for arm and shoulder pain, with the consistent advice being to place them directly on the area that hurts most and secure them with surgical or micropore tape to keep them in place throughout the day. Several members described personal experiences using the patches on various body parts including shoulders, back, knees, and arms, noting they provide helpful temporary relief though some insurance plans no longer cover them. A recurring theme was the importance of following safety guidelines such as changing patches daily at the same time, avoiding sun exposure while wearing them, and removing them immediately if dizziness occurs.

A MyFibroTeam Member

I love them but don't go out in sun with them 12 hrs on and off and listen if u feel dizzy take off

August 12, 2016
A MyFibroTeam Member

yes I use them over my shoulder, back, your Dr, is right. Use a surgical tape to hold them on. I use 3 per day, you can cut to fit the patch. I hope this helps you.

August 12, 2016
A MyFibroTeam Member

being a pharmacy tech, they get applied to the area of pain and get changed daily at the same time

August 11, 2016
A MyFibroTeam Member

It's been a great help xx thanks again for your time honestly and care

August 16, 2016
A MyFibroTeam Member

I used to use them for back pain. I put them on the spot that was hurting the most. They helped a lot but now my insurance won't pay for them and I can't afford them.

August 16, 2016

Related Questions

View All
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Miami, FL

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Fleming Island, FL

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In