Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyFibroTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Southampton, UK

Im 24 nearly 25 and i have such a low sex drive it upsets me as use to be very sexualy active ;( yes we do it everyday ( morning and night) but tbh i dont even tend to join in i just lay on my side because i have not got the energy to do it. I feel like me and my partner are looseing our spark. Which aint good when we are due to get married and want a baby ;( how could i get our spark back, i dont like oral sex due to my child hood past ;(
I feel so down

April 24, 2016
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members openly discussed how fibromyalgia and related conditions can significantly impact libido and sexual intimacy, with many sharing that... Read more

Members openly discussed how fibromyalgia and related conditions can significantly impact libido and sexual intimacy, with many sharing that pain levels, medication side effects (especially antidepressants and Lyrica), and hormonal imbalances like low testosterone are common culprits. Several members offered practical strategies including timing intimacy for when energy is highest (often mornings), communicating openly with partners about physical limitations, changing routines to reduce pressure, and consulting doctors about hormonal treatments or adjusting medications. A recurring theme was the importance of maintaining emotional connection through cuddling and non-sexual intimacy, being honest with partners about pain and fatigue, and showing self-compassion while navigating the complex intersection of chronic illness and relationships.

A MyFibroTeam Member

I am 60 years young and I love sex. It is a vital part of being together with your significant other. Having said that, I have been abstaining from sex for the past 10 years. My husband is impotent and is unable to have sex. I have thought of having an affair but I just can't. I miss it all the time. Medications can alter your sex drive plus with the fibromyalgia, it can be painful. Talk to your partner and let him understand how you feel. While it may not help with your sex drive, it can help him understand your disease process. There are doctors that can help with the problem as there are medication to treat this. Hope this helps you. Gentle Hugs always, Darla

April 24, 2016
A MyFibroTeam Member

I am 55, love sex. BUT if I have missed any of my meds, the pain is too intense to even think of letting anyone touch me. Our best time of day is noonish. But it still leaves me with a bit of pain, mostly shoulders, ribs. Probably follow it up with a heating pad, ice packs, warm bath in Epsom salts.

April 24, 2016
A MyFibroTeam Member

Hi, yes unfortunately my wife had gone off sex sex some three years ago or more, due to HS and Fibromialgia. It is very frustrating, i do understand that fibro makes her very painful and she tells me that it is too sore.
I dont know what the answer is, i love her to bits, she tells me that if i want it i can look elsewhere... I find that a strange concept, we have been married for 9 years.

April 24, 2016
A MyFibroTeam Member

There are various things that would help your issue, try changing the routine to something spontaneous, scrap what you're already doing and find different means to keep things going. If you want to have that future then you need to be dedicated regardless of your health, do it at times when you have the most energy, find other positions that are comfortable for you and exciting for you both. Try adding more fruit to your diet, caffeine and sugar, you can get those lucozade chew tablets which are good energy. But also if you don't like oral and this isn't weird but there are toys for men too which should sate that need for him and need for you to please him.

April 24, 2016
A MyFibroTeam Member

I'm 23 when I first met my partner we had sex almost every day and more then once some days and would stay in bed all day but now I hate my weight and even when my partner is wanting to I just feel blah and mostly fake my enthusiasm and act like it's exactly what I want, then when we haven't for a while I will try and get him interest vis in worried he won't be happy if we don't.. So frustrating...

April 30, 2016

Related Questions

View All
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Rusk, TX

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Sun Lakes, AZ

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Madill, OK

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In