Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyFibroTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
February 21, 2016
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyFibroTeam Member

I was working when I first got DLA - I've not been moved over to PIP yet but a lot of the questions look similar.
It shouldn't make any difference if you're working or not and I'm pretty sure it doesn't even ask that question.
If you need any pointers give me a shout - I used to be an advocacy worker before I gave up work and 90% of my time was spent with welfare rights xxx

February 22, 2016
A MyFibroTeam Member

Its called Personal Independent Payment I was the same and someone told me about it

February 28, 2016
A MyFibroTeam Member

I got refused pip and I wasn't working, was such hard work filling out all the forms and the assessment was horrid, I could have appealed against the decision but I couldn't be doing with the stress and hassle at the time. But I know people who are working and get pip. I applied for employment support allowance and was accepted for that and you can get it if your either unemployed or working.

February 22, 2016
A MyFibroTeam Member

Hi from you have a look on the @Benefits and Work website it has all the information you need about P I P. I found it really useful . Good luck

February 22, 2016
A MyFibroTeam Member

Thanks 😃

February 29, 2016

Related Questions

View All
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Plymouth, UK

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Stoke-on-Trent, UK

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Dundee, UK