Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyFibroTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Jackson, TN

I can go from 0 to 200 in 45 minutes and sometimes that goes on all days long, and sweating something I used to not do much of

November 7, 2015
 · 
Be the first to react

Answer Summary

Members connected over the frustrating experience of sudden, intense sweating and hot flashes unrelated to menopause, with many describing how... Read more

Members connected over the frustrating experience of sudden, intense sweating and hot flashes unrelated to menopause, with many describing how they went from rarely sweating to perspiring constantly, even in cool temperatures or while doing simple tasks like drying off after a shower. Several members shared practical strategies including using roll-on antiperspirant along the hairline, trying various deodorants (though most found limited success), and taking Estroven for some relief, while others emphasized that these symptoms differ from traditional hot flashes and appear tied to fibromyalgia's disruption of the body's internal thermostat. A recurring theme was the embarrassment of visibly sweating in social situations, the exhausting cycle of needing another shower right after taking one, and the relief of discovering that others in the community understand this isolating and disruptive symptom.

A MyFibroTeam Member

I sweat terrible too. I never used to. If I go out to a music venue my hair drips with sweat, it can be so embarrassing. I use lots of different anti perspirants. None work. When everyone is clad in coats and scarves I'm in a t shirt. I also know what you mean about the shower by the time I'm dried I need another one.

November 7, 2015
A MyFibroTeam Member

I get very bad sweats and hot flushes from fibro its really embarrassing especially when I' talking to someone and the water just runs down my face I reallky hate it

November 9, 2015
A MyFibroTeam Member

Seriously!!? I had no idea heat rushes were part of fibro... My Gyno said that my poblem wasn't hormonal, now I'm learning its another side to fibro, thanks Donnauk, He said that my excess fat has my body "insulated" but I see ppl with heavy set bodies, and don't have a problem with overheating,

November 8, 2015
A MyFibroTeam Member

i learnt a good tip,,, get a roll on anti persperant/deo,, and put it on your hairline,, i wish i was fibbing but it works xx

November 8, 2015
A MyFibroTeam Member

I call them my Fibro Flashes. I had pretty much stopped any kind of hot flashes from menopause. These are very different!

November 8, 2015

Related Questions

View All
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Nottingham, UK

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Manchester, UK