Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyFibroTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Manchester, UK

I'm nearly 49, I take 3mg of ropinerole for Restless leg and I have horrendous hot sweats daily! I'm unsure if it's the start of the menopause or if my medication or the fibromyalgia is the cause or is it the combination?

October 25, 2015
 · 
Be the first to react

Answer Summary

Members shared their experiences with severe sweating and hot flashes, many noting the difficulty in distinguishing whether symptoms stem from... Read more

Members shared their experiences with severe sweating and hot flashes, many noting the difficulty in distinguishing whether symptoms stem from fibromyalgia, menopause, or medications like ropinerole. Several members recommended getting hormone level blood tests to confirm menopausal status, while others shared practical strategies including taking supplements like black cohosh, sage, and Estroven, carrying ice water for immediate cooling, and keeping indoor temperatures very low. A recurring theme was that sweating and heat intolerance can persist long after menopause ends and may be related to medication combinations or fibromyalgia itself, with members offering solidarity around the frustrating uncertainty of overlapping conditions.

A MyFibroTeam Member

I have the sweats to. I sweat even in the air conditioned places. I freeze my husband.

October 25, 2015
A MyFibroTeam Member

Hi,
I sweat every day and night! I've not had a problem with this my entire life, but the last six years its been an issue! I was finally diagnosed with Fibro a year ago.
I don't mean a little sweat, I can turn from fine to drenched in 10 seconds. It's like a faucet.
I sure hope we can both find some answers or way to control the body temp.
Hope you have a great week and find some relief!

October 25, 2015
A MyFibroTeam Member

I never used to sweat just got very very hot and a bad headache for 48hours. When I was your age I was told it is menopause but alas I am much older now and still suffer badly from overheating. I have learned to carry ice water and cool off immediately if it goes to far. I was told by a Doctor that if you eat a lot of sugar the energy works itself out by sweating because I am not exercising??

November 23, 2015
A MyFibroTeam Member

@ fibro or not? I was told that until way after menopause. The doctors can no longer blame it on that.

November 7, 2015
A MyFibroTeam Member

Stay Cool !!

November 7, 2015

Related Questions

View All
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Mobile, AL

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Middleburg, FL

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭