Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyFibroTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
La Porte, IN

Dose anybody else have issues with that time of the Month and flares? Is there anything you have found that helps?

July 23, 2015
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members connected over the intense worsening of fibromyalgia symptoms during menstruation, describing magnified pain, exhaustion, weakness,... Read more

Members connected over the intense worsening of fibromyalgia symptoms during menstruation, describing magnified pain, exhaustion, weakness, brain fog, and emotional challenges that leave many unable to function for about a week each month. Several members shared medical interventions that helped reduce their suffering, including the Mirena IUD, endometrial ablation procedures like Novasure, and tracking symptoms through pain management apps to identify patterns and advocate with doctors. A recurring theme was the importance of ruling out endometriosis through proper gynecological evaluation, reminding yourself that the flare is temporary, and finding comfort in knowing you're not alone in this monthly struggle.

A MyFibroTeam Member

YES, I'm going through that right now actually. I've always had bad periods (terrible cramps, headaches, etc) but with the fibro it's so much worse. There's not much I do differently. I get migraines right before or during my period so I make sure I have enough of my migraine pills but otherwise I just try to get extra rest. I know I'm not much help, but you're certainly not alone.

July 23, 2015
A MyFibroTeam Member

I am a week or of commission every month. Like fire all over my body and every move causes pain through my whole body. It helps to know I am not alone. I am extremely over weight and know losing would help but when I can't move it is soooo hard.

July 23, 2015
A MyFibroTeam Member

I have the same problem every single month. Misery.

July 27, 2015
A MyFibroTeam Member

I have had these issues for many years. Was on the pill as well but chosen to stop taking them due to my age and heart risks w some of my other illnesses. Once I did that I had the Essure procedure in 2010 which is less invasive then having tubes done and can be done in the doctors office. Of course we made a decision not to have anymore children as well. After this I began having 2-3 period a month approximately 3 yrs ago. And at that time was told I'm Peri meniposal. Last year I had an emblasion. This has helped w less flow, less frequent length and time of each one. Although recently started having two a month again but not as bad as before or as many days. An emblasion just takes the lining of your uterus off renewing the liner. It has effected many people by not even having a period ever again. I just wasn't one of those lucky ones. But it has helped me with good ole Aunt Flow lol

July 24, 2015
A MyFibroTeam Member

I forgot to mention that I also experience nausea, and I'm really clumsy and forgetful. Fibro fog maybe?

July 23, 2015

Related Questions

View All
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Bradford, UK

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Carmichael, CA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In