Since I've had fibromyalgia I have been in so much pain, all I have been able to do is sit at times which of course gain weight !!! Has anyone found anything that helps fight weight gain?
Answer Summary
Members connected over the shared challenge of weight gain while living with fibromyalgia, with many describing how chronic pain and... Read more
There is a lot of very gentle yoga out there for stuff just like this. I watch Yoga with Adriene on youtube. She has about 5 free videos that are yoga for weight loss. Even if you have never done any yoga, you can just do what you can. Or find a beginner version of it. If you build more internal muscle, that muscle will act as a factory to burn your fat. So all those moves do is build muscle. Its not cardio. Strength and stretching. and breathing.
REsearch what foods are lowest calorie and highest protein. Like quinoa, super high protein that keeps you feeling full for a long time. Nothing else added. (I sort of think of it as "I don't want you scientists touching my food!) Try to stick to stuff that nobody else can add any chemicals to. No artificial this or thats. Buy actual raw produce and prepare it yourself. I also don't eat hardly any grain, except quinoa and some steel oats once in a while. No bread, no pasta, no cereal, etc. Its easier on the intestines. On mine at least. If you want something sweet turn to natural things, honey, dates, raisins, fruits of a dozen kinds, etc. and stevia or coconut sugar, or muscado sugar.
I worried about that too because I couldn't work out anymore and had modeling gigs going still. I stick to a low calorie high protein diet. I ditched the diet soda and all aspartame actually and drink nothing but water. I do gentle yoga when I feel up to it. Take my dog for walks..
I have found having gum and water available where ever I go in the house stops bad snack choices. I also got a recumbent exercise bike which I can do at least a little most days
@A MyFibroTeam Member another friend of mine told me that calorie counting was the wrong way to go about it. She said carbs are the key. Count the carbs and you can eat so much protein that you don't ever feel hungry! Feeling hungry is a migraine trigger for me so, you're right that I don't want it to get to that stage.