6 nerve blocks so far haven't helped. The doctor is still looking for the source of the pain. I don't tolerate dexamethasone well.
I had one but it only lasted a short time.I think some people find it helps a lot.
Ooooooh I have multiple slipped discs sweetheart. We don't get that choice of ops not that I'd take it unless it was absolutely dire.
I use a tens machine on my back alot. It's the bone spurs that grow and the disc won't go back osteoporosis kicks in and everything is pressing on the nerves. My son had a nerve block on his shoulder so I can only go from how he reacted. He hated it, he was in so much pain for years. He had another op was scared they'd use another nerve block, told him to speak to his specialist about it and to say under no circumstances to do one. Yet they did. Back to square one.
Hope this is helpful, I'm sure others have had different experiences
With love Peps πππ»
Living with persistent back pain on top of fibromyalgia is genuinely exhausting, especially when treatments aren't giving the relief you deserve. It's worth knowing that fibromyalgia itself can amplify pain signals, which sometimes makes it harder to pinpoint a single source β and harder for nerve blocks to fully work.