Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyFibroTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Limerick, PA

What are some of the reasons that people with fibromyalgia see in Neurologist?

November 29, 2019
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members shared their experiences with neurologists, primarily to rule out conditions like multiple sclerosis or other neurological diseases... Read more

Members shared their experiences with neurologists, primarily to rule out conditions like multiple sclerosis or other neurological diseases before confirming a fibromyalgia diagnosis, often through tests like nerve conduction studies, EEGs, and brain scans. Several members described seeking neurological care for specific symptoms including tingling sensations, burning feet, shooting pains, memory issues, migraines, and unexplained fainting, with some receiving Botox injections for migraines or undergoing cognitive and memory testing for fibro fog. A recurring theme was the anxiety many feel about these appointments, fearing something more serious might be discovered, balanced by the reassurance that ruling out other conditions can bring peace of mind and help confirm that symptoms are related to fibromyalgia's overactive nervous system rather than progressive diseases.

A MyFibroTeam Member

To rule out anything else. Or rather, trying to figure out what's going on at all. I actually got into Mayo. It was hugely disappointing. I was so relieved, and my neurology appointment started out by the doctor scanning my symptoms I had listed (tingling in extremities, burning feet, chronic pain everywhere, shooting pains in the back of the head, etc.) and saying "I'm not sure why you think these are neurological." I swear I thought I was getting punked. Anyway-doesn't hurt to go, right? If you find peace of mind, please give yourself that. Just don't let it control your life.

November 29, 2019 (edited)
A MyFibroTeam Member

To rule out MS or other neurological diseases and confirm fibromyalgia. The did an EEG and a Nerve Conduction Study for diagnostics.

November 29, 2019
A MyFibroTeam Member

Maybe to rule out multiple sclerosis

November 29, 2019
A MyFibroTeam Member

I guess for new type of meds and help with focus and brain fog.

November 29, 2019
A MyFibroTeam Member

Hi Donnam21362 I was a year ago at one I passed out a few times They did a brain scan but fthe dr can not find out why and whats wrong

November 29, 2019

Related Questions

View All
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Porirua, NZ

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Redmond, OR