Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyFibroTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Cedar Rapids, IA

Hi everyone. Just wondering if anyone else has problems with ears and throat?
I have been getting fluid trapped behind my left ear drum. Also post nasal drip just on the left side of my throat. Allergy meds really don't help much at all. I've even tried the stuff they have for swimmers ear. It works for about 10 mins.
Ear ache drops work the best, but I need to reapply every half hour or so.
Thank you for listening.
God Bless

April 10, 2017
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members widely related to experiencing fluid behind the eardrums and post-nasal drip, with many describing it as a persistent and frustrating... Read more

Members widely related to experiencing fluid behind the eardrums and post-nasal drip, with many describing it as a persistent and frustrating issue that allergy medications often fail to relieve. Several members shared practical strategies that have helped them find relief, including chiropractic adjustments for body alignment, lymphatic drainage massage, saline rinses, ice or heat therapy, night guard splints for possible TMJ issues, and stretching the neck and shoulders to prevent blockages. A recurring theme was the sense of validation in discovering others face the same unexplained symptoms, along with encouragement to explore alternative therapies when traditional medical approaches fall short.

A MyFibroTeam Member

I get this as well. A lot of times it is because my body is out of alignment, so a trip to the chiropractor helps. I take Claritin during pollen season, try to stretch shoulders and neck to keep the ears from stopping up. I use the saline rinse and avoid strong smells. An ice bag helps a ton, or alternating ice/heat--see which works for you.

You might be experiencing a TMJ problem--temporo-mandibular joint disorder, where the jaw is out of alignment, and it affects the ears regularly. I went through 10 years of splint therapy to help with this after a blow to the head and jaw. It was horrifying.

One of those night guard splints from the drug store (for your bite) is a good place to start, it helps some. If you go to the doctor, I am almost certain that most insurance companies do NOT cover TMJ therapy, so avoid that term if at all possible. I was treated by an orthodontist for that over many years. It is very expensive, but it worked. I do not wish that on anyone...

Hugs....

April 10, 2017
A MyFibroTeam Member

I'm looking into Lymphatic Drainage by a qualified physical therapist that is an expert in this.
It will help us with ears, nose, and throat. Helps the whole system that's trapped with toxins.
I've used a Neti Pot for the sinuses. Gone to an ENT who cleaned my ears but didn't understand the pussy liquid build up or my tinitis, ear ringing.
Wishing you well.
LET

April 10, 2017
A MyFibroTeam Member

All the time either both. Plus I have a constant ringing jn my ears and significant earing lose.

April 10, 2017
A MyFibroTeam Member

Get a lymph massage.. drains the fluid and gives immediate relief.. my experience.

April 15, 2017
A MyFibroTeam Member

My ears ring a lot and throb and get more wax and bugs be more all the time

April 12, 2017

Related Questions

View All
A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
Spokane, WA

A MyFibroTeam Member asked a question 💭
California, CA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In