this is important for both those who were and those who weren't on prior medication. but please do not give any information if you are not comfortable sharing! i don't want you to put yourselves on the spot or share things you don't want to. my answer is yes, i was on Klonapin (clonazepam) for anxiety associated with menopause for about 3 years prior to fibro diagnosis. i was given antidepressants by doctors but i had a bad reaction to the first one i took, zoloft, and after that was very… read more
Answer Summary
Members responded to a question about whether they had taken antidepressants or anti-anxiety medications before their fibromyalgia diagnosis,... Read more
Yes i had been on a few (at different times) for about 10 years including Citalapram and Effexor...when I came off of the Effexor the pain showed up and was eventually diagnosed with Fibro...They think I had it for 5 years but the meds were masking the pain. However when I tried to go back on them in the hope the pain would go again, I had horrible side effects so had to come off it again. 😕
Im on venaflaxine for anxiety and depression and mirtazpine for sleep
Never before my diagnosis
Paxil briefly.
And depacote